Co-founders Jon, Josh and Ryan recently returned from their trip to Haiti. In a short amount of time they were able to use their talents to empower the local village of Montrouis. Here is an update of what they accomplished:
1. Met with two local school masters and purchased $1600 worth of supplies in downtown Port-au-Prince. Included in the purchase were every day items that they desperately needed: (dictionaries, encyclopedia's, books, atlases, instructional wall posters etc.)
2. On day two they recognized the horrible trash situation throughout all of Haiti. Therefore, they invested in a startup recycling business by providing a $400 micro-loan to a entrepreneur they encouraged named Remy.
3. The medical team that they travelled with served over 600 patients in two clinics over a week.
4. They found two local artisans who we will be partnering with soon to sell their goods.
5. Soon they will be setting up a crowd funding effort in order to support a local Haitian Acapella musical group.